The importance of tyre care
While the benefits of having your Fiat serviced by us are well known, the importance of proper tyre care and replacement between service intervals is sometimes overlooked.
The FiatCare Tyre Programme is designed to make things easier for you.
- Easier for you to have your tyres professionally checked by a trained tyre technician.
- Easier for you to find out the condition and estimated remaining life of your current tyres.
- Easier for you to ensure that any new tyres you have fitted are of the correct specification.
- You could even save money buying your tyres from us rather than going to a traditional fast fit tyre centre.
Choose your tyres with FiatCare
During the research and development involved in making Fiat cars perform to the highest standard, many brands, styles and types are considered, and only the ones suited to the characteristic of the model are chosen. Naturally, as a tyre reaches the end of its life, these qualities may be impaired, so to maintain the expected driving experience your tyres need to be up to the job, as well as falling within the legal requirements.
Why have your tyres fitted with FiatCare?
- We have all the specialist tools to ensure there is no accidental wheel damage during replacement.
- We are the best place to ensure that the car is fitted with the tyres that the manufacturer had intended.
- You will be able to consult our experienced technicians and understand new technology, such as low rolling resistance tyres, improving your economy without compromising the vehicle dynamics.
- Replacing air with nitrogen is more new technology that can be explained by the FiatCare team.
- Let us check your tyres – we’ll give you a Free Inspection Report for peace of mind and an indication of the remaining tyre life.
Tyre tread is directly linked to stopping distances, especially in the wet.
- The table illustrates how stopping distances are compromised as the tyre wears.
- The difference in tread depth between 3mm and the legal 1.6mm is just 1.4mm but in stopping distance it is nearly 8 METRES!!
- Did you know that the maximum penalty for a single illegal tyre is a £2,500 fine and three penalty points?
How to check your tyres
You can use this gauge to check your tyres’ tread depth. Place the tyre gauge on the tyre tread as shown below. This can be tricky, so just ask and we would be happy to show you how to use this gauge.
REMEMBER: your car’s tyre condition is crucial for the safety and performance of your car. Check their condition regularly to ensure they are the right pressure, there is on damage and there is enough tread. Don’t take the risk – LET HUTTONS CHECK FOR YOU!
Like you, Fiat believes in safety first, so it’s important to consider this if you want peace of mind for you and your family. Fiat fully endorses the guidelines set by the Tyre Industry Council, and that tyres should be considered for changing when the tread depth remaining reaches approx. 3mm.
It is worth remembering that Fiat can supply and fit tyres for any make of car, van or 4x4, so no matter what vehicle your family drives, we have tyres to fit.
Also, we are not restricted to any make or brand of tyre. We supply exactly what YOU need, not what we want to sell. In addition, you might be surprised to find our prices as unbeatable as our service.
Give your tyres a regular check
- Every 2 weeks, check the tyre pressure (when tyres are cold).
- Check the tread depth across the whole width of your tyres.
- Check your tyres for damage, such as any cuts, cracks or bulges.
- Don’t forget to check your spare tyre for pressure and tread depth.