Braking and Suspension
It is suggested that approximately 60% of motorists do not regularly check their car’s brakes. Perhaps this may explain how brake problems account for 17% of all MOT failures. Suspension related issues account for a further 12% of failures. Consequently you can imagine the importance of brake and suspension checks, not only during an MOT test.
Why do I really need to have these checks carried out?
In order to maintain the most efficient braking, stability and precise handling your car has, particularly in an emergency situation on a wet road. That’s about 40% of the time in the UK!
Huttons Fiat Brake & Suspension Check & Report consists of:
- Check the serviceability of the front brake pads and discs.
- Check the condition of all flexible brake hoses and fixed lines (where visually accessible).
- Check the hand brake cables condition, wear, adjustment and operational efficiency.
- Check the serviceability of the rear brake shoes and drums or discs and pads (depending on the type of brakes fitted to your car).
- Check the condition and wear of front and rear suspension arms, bushes and joints.
- Check all wheel bearings for excess movement and play.
- Check the condition and efficiency of the front and rear shock absorbers and springs using our suspension testing machine. You will receive a machine generated printed report.
- Check the brake fluid level and its condition. Brake fluid attracts moisture because it’s hygroscopic. This dramatically affects the brake systems emergency stop efficiency. It is strongly recommended that it should be changed every 2 years or 24,000 miles whichever is sooner.
These checks will be carried out by our Fiat trained technicians. If any further work is required, customers will be provided with a fully fitted quotation. All parts used in any subsequent repairs will be original Fiat Genuine parts, all of which are rigorously tested, fit perfectly and carry a Fiat manufacturer’s parts and labour 2 year unlimited mileage warranty against defective manufacturer.
REMEMBER: Braking and suspension is an integral part of the design of your car, weak or damaged components will greatly affect both its safety and handling. IF IN DOUBT, LET HUTTONS FIAT CHECK IT, BECAUSE IT PAYS TO BE SAFE!